looking for title of a nunsploitation movie

Discussion in 'Movies' started by andrew markworthy, Apr 29, 2005.

1. andrew markworthy

If you're offended by discussions of sex, torture or nuns, please stop reading right now.

I'm trying to remember the title of a rather repellent movie I saw on video round about 1982, so that's the latest date the film could have been made. My recollection of the plot is hazy, but this is what I can remember:

Shot in color, dubbed into english (I think probably originally Italian, but that's just a guess). Diabolic possession has gripped a nun or a small group of nuns (I told you my memory was hazy) who start acting lasciviously in their sleep. I then recall a countess being asked to physically inspect the younger nuns to find out who are still virgins. She gets them to bend over ... and you can guess the rest. There were also some v. unpleasant torture scenes, one of which involved a large heated metal ball being rolled down a nun's naked body.

If anyone knows the name of this movie, please could you let me know?

I must stress that this is categorically not the sort of movie I find entertaining. The reason for this thirst for this rather dubious piece of knowledge is because of the following. Around 1982, a friend and I were staying with a third friend a year or so after we'd finished college. One night we got pretty drunk and the guy whose house it was fell solid asleep. My friend and I started going through his video tape collection and found that he had a taste for films about nuns (and not The Sound of Music type films, either). We put one of the tapes on to play and discovered the film I've described above. Both of us were pretty drunk and not much memory of the movie registered. However, we're going to have another reunion pretty soon and my friend and I would like to present the said third friend with a copy of the movie (if it's still legal - Brit laws with regard to video censorship changed in the 1980s) or at least a mock-up of the cover. However, to do this we need the name of the film. Searches of IMDB have proved pointless because we don't have enough information to go on.

2. Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino Lead Actor

Joseph DeMartino
    Well, I'm afraid that other sources won't be of much help because, as I'm sure you know from the title of this thread, "nunsploitation" is an entire genre and the vague description you've given would seem to fit about 90% of the films in it. I hasten to add that I've never seen one of these films myself. [​IMG] (Seriously.) But I while trying to track down an obscure horror film many years ago I did come across a site then called "Cinebizzare", now know as Atomic Cinema, which covers a great many kinds of unusual films. One of the sections I spent several hours simlutaneously browsing and shaking my head in disbelief over was "Nunsploitation". Now listed as "Nun Exploitation" the section seems to be smaller than I remember, perhaps because many of the films they once carried are out of print. I suspect the home video rights for a lot of these films are a terrible muddle, which is probably also true of the "Nazi/WWII Exploitation" section. (Another genre I didn't realize was a real category, the only film of the type I'd ever heard of being Ilsa: She-Devil of the SS.)

Anyway, if anyone would carry the film you have in mind it would probably be the guys at Atomic.

Regards,

Joe

3. andrew markworthy

Joe, many thanks - I'll look there.

This is the only nun exploitation movie I've ever seen and it didn't exactly leave me gagging for more. However, it would be neat to present a copy to this friend. What I should have added to the first post is that he doesn't know that we know about his taste for this sort of stuff. [​IMG]

4. JonZ

JonZ Lead Actor

5. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp

Russell
    This is one of the few genres of film I haven't dabbled in. Any suggestions of deffining titles in the genre? And if my asking makes me a sick degenerate... sorry.

6. Joseph DeMartino

Joseph DeMartino Lead Actor

Joseph DeMartino
    Andrew:

Remarkably enough, this sounds like it might be the actual film you are looking for. [​IMG] There are two different versions of the cover available. The plot description seems to match every point that stuck in your memory, down to the girls being physically exmained by a noblewoman.

You say that like it's a bad thing. [​IMG]

Regards,

Joe

7. Mario Gauci

Mario Gauci Cinematographer

Andrew,

The film you mentioned IS the one suggested by Joseph, i.e. Jess Franco's LES DEMONS (1972).

I own the X-Rated Kult 2-DVD edition featuring as many as 3 different versions of the film (one of which, though, is available only in the German language). I also own a fourth version, the butchered U.S. cut, on tape which, however, includes some footage (including the torture scene you mentioned) missing from the "Director's Cut"!

Anyway, here's my review of the U.S. version and the Director's Cut:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068522/#comment

Speaking of nunsploitation movies, one I heartily recommend to all you perverts out there[​IMG] is Mondo Macabro's R1 DVD of ALUCARDA (1975). In case you're interested, this is my take on it:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075666/usercomments

Incidentally, I should be adding another one of them to my collection pretty soon when I order Mondo Macabro's upcoming release of the obscure but intriguing SATANICO PANDEMONIUM (1973)...

8. Cees Alons

Cees Alons Moderator

Cees Alons
    Normally, it takes 3-20 mins. to get the proper response when asking for the identity of a specific movie on the HTF.
    But given the unusual genre, we'll accept less than 19-and-a-half hours for this once - it's still the same day anyway. Of course, the rather extensive description (compared to the usual query) helped a lot. [​IMG]

Cees