Looking for tiny speakers...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Yousaf, Jan 14, 2003.

1. Yousaf

Yousaf Second Unit

I'm looking to help a person choose some speakers...basically, his wife likes Bose because they're tiny and that is what he has right now. He is moving to a new house though, and throwing in some speakers is potatoes compared to the price of the house and he wants to go ahead with it. Thing is, they still need to be small and must be available in white. So I need 1 5.1 set in white (sub doesnt need to be white though), and they much be wall mountable.
    That is his main system. He also wants a 2.1 set for his living room. Once again, tiny is the key but these don't need to be white nor do they need to be wall mountable. Very small bookshelves are a possibility.
    Additionally, he is looking into outdoor speakers too...anyone know of any reasonably good ones that will give semi-decent bass extension?
    He wouldn't tell me exactly what his price range was but he did say that it wasn't a big issue. Still, I don't think that $10,000 speakers will fly. To give you an idea, he is involved in investment banking but has a wife, so judge accordingly [​IMG] A range of speakers spanning the price spectrum would probably be best...I would do more research myself but I don't know exactly where to look for some of the more obscure stuff and right now, have next to no time to do research. I'm relying on you guys!
    Thanks in advance.

2. Joe Vidanes

Joe Vidanes Auditioning

Hey, I just wanted to put in my 2 cents. If your friend wants small satellite speakers in white, then he should definitely go with the Polk RM 6700's. Check this review by cnet. http://electronics.cnet.com/electron...?tag=pdtl-list
    Anyway, let me know what your friend decides...

3. chung_sotheby

chung_sotheby Supporting Actor

If you are willing to spend the bucks, the highest size/sound ratio out there are the Gallo Acoustics Nucleus Micros. They look just like little 4" spheres, and they come in a ton of colors, but they sound amazing, much better than Blows, i mean, Bose. They can be stand or wall mounted, and they also have an optional sub module. I have heard these in a small 5.1 setup, and they really sound great. Take a look at roundsound.com and see if you or your friend likes them.

4. Brian Foley

Brian Foley Agent

I bet he could get away with bigger speakers, and get much better sound in the process, by using good in-wall speakers (B&W, Paradigm, others).

5. Tim Morton

Tim Morton Stunt Coordinator

6. Chris Quinn

Chris Quinn Screenwriter

Another suggest might be Mirage Omnistats.

7. Frank Carter

Frank Carter Screenwriter

The Gallo's are great sounding little speakers available in various finishes.
    www.roundsound.com

8. Donald_Spry

Donald_Spry Stunt Coordinator

Also, there is the KEF HOME THEATRE. They are nifty little egg shaped speaker enclosures. Their sound has won several awards and seems to always get good reviews. It, like all of the other suggestions, will destroy the Bose.
    www.kef.com