What's new

Looking for three episodes in THE SIMPSONS series..... (1 Viewer)

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Most definitely, Anthony. This and Futurama are the only shows I own where I MUST listen to each and every one of the commentaries. They're just so entertaining.

Greg O' Connel

Stunt Coordinator
The Simpsons Season One DVD set is worth it just for the short clip of what the first episode of the Simpsons looked like before they fixed it. If you thought the animation in the first season was bad, it was pure art compared to what it replaced. The commentary is priceless:

"Oh My God...Oh God...it's so awful...Gee whiz...Oh My God...I feel sorry for us in retrospect."

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member

Do you have any doubt that this is exactly what will happen? Whether the series makes its all the way to "the end" on standard DVD- I would say it certain that the show will make its way to next generaion video format, which i'm sure will compell many (most) of us to buy them all again.

And, as has been said many times, FOX is not the source of the delay-- it's Gracie films. If Fox had their way they would have released the whole damn thing 3 times by now. LOL.

Seth--L

Screenwriter

Do we really need "The Simpsons" in HD? Because of the animation style, and quality of the source material of the first few seasons, I doubt you're going to see night and day differences. Only in the latter seasons when the animation, shading, and coloring all became more sophisticated will HD make that big of a difference.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Ron, I also encourage you to open and watch both seasons 1 and 2. I actually think season 2 is a bit under rated, as it contains a few of my favorite episodes. Including the 2 you mentioned, it has the first Halloween show, Homer vs. Lisa and the eighth commandment, where Homer steals cable, and Bart the Daredevil, which I also find very funny.

Season 1 has a couple that I like, where Bart and Homer get lost in the woods, and The Telltale Head.

I think some of the later seasons are funnier, but I enjoyed being able to go back and see what the Simpsons had evolved from.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason

I've found it interesting watching the older episodes, and seeing that they had a bit more plot and not as much wall-to-wall jokes.

Jason

Jay Pennington

Screenwriter
Yes, the early seasons, especially the first, while considered "out there" at the time, are much more grounded in middle America family sitcom slice-of-life fare: Homer is an Everyman, not an idiot, Bart and Lisa are children, not worldly adults in kids' bodies, etc.

Or moreso than later seasons, anyhow.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Since the show was mastered on video, you can't make proper HD version. It's not like they're going to re-photograph the cels. In fact, as they point out on the season 1 commentaries, the cels were mostly stolen, so they can't.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks