What's new

Looking for the Wii? (Update 2/11/07 - Circuit City/Target) (1 Viewer)

Dave_Brown

Supporting Actor
How far down should your cousin be before you can sleep with one? Just asking for a friend........

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The scuttlebutt is that Best Buy will be stocking the Wii for sale on 12/17/06 on a large scale.

Also, it's possible that both Circuit City and Target will have small allotments of Wii's on Sunday's through December.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Supposedly EBGames/Gamestop will be getting in some Wii consoles today, but you need to be there when their UPS truck shows up (usually between 10 p.m. and noon).

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I am supposed to on vacation, but I'm doing a solid for a co-worker and ended up working in the morning, and I knew I had to get to Gamestop by 11 a.m. to have chance at the UPS shipment. Well, I had to contend with this guy at work who was just slow as molasses in his thought process and just dragging things on. But I finally extricated myself and headed to Gamestop, about 10 minutes up the road. I get there and see the UPS truck in the parking and thanked my good fortune that the driver didn't get there earlier. I walk in and I immediately count the number of people in the store, and the count was 6, but that include a mother-son combo that wasn't looking for the Wii console, so I ended up #5 in the line, and the store got exactly 6 Wii consoles today. Whew! Wii! The last one got snapped up within 3 minutes of my arriving at the store by the next person.

ToddS

Stunt Coordinator
Patrick

Thanks for the tip, I too got to an EB right after the UPS guy delivered and I was first in line. This saved me from having to camp out or continue to rush around. I tried to get one for my friend but they would only sell me one. Thanks again.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Besides the usual morning UPS deliveries at EBGames/Gamestop stores to check, the reports have a big push of Wiis for sale from Best Buy, Target, Circuit City, and Wal-Mart next Sunday, 12/17/06. The stores are stockpiling the consoles hoping the accessories (Wiimotes and Nunchuk supply levels) catch up with the consoles and the stores will be able to sell the extras accessories the same time as the consoles.

This is not to discourage checking with stores even tomorrow morning (and during the week), but no one appears to be reporting any appreciable stock on hand for Sunday 12/10, and none of the sales circulars are advertising Wiis for sale tomorrow.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Sometimes I just talk to the people who work at the stores, or see signs posted at the stores, and read from different places on the web, or get some info from friends who are way into gaming than I'll ever be.

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
I scored a Wii at my local EB this past Friday ("supposedly" turned into "reality" for many EB and GS stores that day)--I was #38 of 90; one could have shown up at my local EB store even as late as 12:30 PM (store is located inside a mall that opens at 10 AM) and still would have been able to score a Wii...

It took a long time for me to get rung up--they had but two cashiers, and both were giving all kinds of Wii-related sales pitches to each and every customer (e.g., extended warranty, pre-order Wii game packages, etc.).

Tom Keels

Stunt Coordinator
Any chance of getting a Circuit City store count for this Sunday like we did for the first post in this thread? I would like to build up some CC rewards when I buy the Wii. Planning on camping out if there are going to be any at my local store.

Tom Keels

Stunt Coordinator
I called mine last night. They said they were getting more for Sunday but they would be getting less than 10. I guess I am camping.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Circuit City in Duluth, GA (Venture Dr. location) had a sign stating they had 12 Wii's for Sunday's sale. Also, it stated that vouchers would be given out in the 6:30 a.m. - 7 a.m. time frame.

So...if you're not amongst the first 12 at this particular Circuit City, you can wait across the street at the Super Target, or go to the nearby Best Buy (no one would tell me how many Wii's would be offered for sale tomorrow).

Nothing so far on Wal-Mart offering Wii's on Sunday (tomorrow), so the main stores to check would be Best Buy, Circuit City, Target, TRU and EBGames/Gamestop.

(TRU = Toys-R-Us)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Around 4:20 I drove around (Gwinnett Mall area in Duluth, GA) and there was no one waiting in line at Target. Then went to check on Circuit City, which already had 12 people in line for the 12 Wii's up for grabs. Then went to Best Buy and there were at least 15 people in line, maybe more. Then drove to TRU and saw that there were about 10 in line. Nothing going on at Wal-Mart, and one car was waiting for Gamestop to open at 10 a.m.

I went back to Target, and got there around 4:35, and 8 people showed up in the time I first visited. The rumor was 15 units at this Target, and the rumors were correct. At 6:15 the manager came out and gave the first 15 a voucher for a Wii, good from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. I was grateful to get out of the cold, and grateful for Target for issuing the vouchers early (we thought we have to wait until 7 a.m. for them).

I think I'm going back to TRU and see what the situation is over there, and maybe I'll get to make 2 people happy if I score another one at TRU.

Later after the stores opened and sold all their Wii's:

Struck out at TRU, they only had 25 units to sell, and the line was at least another 10 people deep before I got there around 7 a.m.

As I was leaving Circuit City (to check for PS3's for a friend), a lady pulls up around 8 a.m. and wonders if any more Wii's were available and I told her that all the vouchers had been passed out, then she said that she was late because her husband turned off the alarm clock. She wanted to strangle the guy. Haha.

When I picked up my Wii in Target, some little kid was offering anyone with a Wii $300 if they'd sell it to him. The Target folks chuckled as the kid kept getting kindly refused on his generous offer. Heh. I also picked up an extra Wiimote and Nunchuk from Target (I got those items before cashing in on my voucher because I know the accessories would get snapped up, and they did!).

Drove by GameStop, had about 25 people in line, and when the store manager showed up, we were told they had only 3 Wii's to sell. As soon as the 2nd person comes out of the store, that Wii get sold in the parking lot in front of the manager's view (but she quickly went back inside because it wasn't 10 a.m. yet (opening time, and she wanted to get some peace and quiet after the crowd finally dispersed).

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Administrator's note: WillG: Please edit your post to remove the profanity. If you don't, we will do it for you. There are ways to express your feelings (including some very valid points) without resorting to such language. We are far from being prudes and we are extending this courtesy to you with the hope that you will comply. If not, this post will be removed.

Unless "Large Scale" means that whatever stock they might of had was sold out by 9:00am, that rumor seems debunked.

Fuck Sony and Nintendo! This whole faux "lets keep these systems in demand by not producing enough for people who want them having is ridiculous. Is someone going to say "well, the systems are in stock at the stores....I guess I don't really want one know" Please. I just don't get why they cant have produced a billion gagillion units of the Wii, so eveyone who wanted one for X-Mas would be able to get one.

Sorry, I have family, friends and a job. I can't be camping out, freezing my balls off all night with the hope I can be one of the first 3 people in line for one of only 3 units the store got in stock. Since I work for a living, I can't be hanging out at my local Gamestop all day waiting for the UPS truck that may be delivering a Wii or two and of course having to fight it out with anyone else that might be waiting.

I saw three commercials for the Wii last night during prime time shows. What the hell is the point of advertising a system that virtually no one can get. How about using that money to get production ramped up. Ugh, this is all just too frustrating. So, a big Fuck You! to these gaming companies from me today

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks