Looking for the BEST SINGLE DISC containing drive-in features...

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Dick, Jun 17, 2005.

1. Dick

Dick Lead Actor
    Supporter

Rick
    I am looking to buy ONE disc which contains the best of these features:
    1) A "Coming attractions" insert"
    2) Intermission countdowns (such as "Let's All Go To the Lobby," although that one in particular has begun to irritate me since Movie Gallery began using it in their outlets) Hot dogs and popcorn rotating on trays, etc.
    3) "Our Feature Attraction" (Actually, KILL BILL VOL 1 has one of these, but perhaps there are others?)

Remember General Cinema Corporation? Those irritating graphic white-outline movie projectors on blue background with insufferable "music" (consisting of brushes on a snare drum and some string instrument)? Are those out there anywhere?

What I'd like is to buy one disc that features the best of all this type of thing without having to spend big bucks purchasing all the drive-in-themed DVD's out there...

Any suggestions?

2. Jeffrey Nelson

Jeffrey Nelson Screenwriter

Jeffrey Nelson
    I believe Something Weird released a few such compilations on VHS, but I don't know if they've put them on DVD yet. I too would love a DVD or two packed full of that great stuff. I'd also like to see some classic commercials compilations; there's one two-discer out on the Madacy label, and though it's great to have, the quality runs from horrible to fair.

3. RolandL

RolandL Producer

Roland Lataille
  4. Chris Brunner

Chris Brunner Second Unit

Dick,

Please let me know if you find that General Cinemas "trailer". That bit of music was the preamble to EVERY major motion picture event from my childhood in the 70's. I'd love to hear it again.

C

5. Dick

Dick Lead Actor
    Supporter

Rick

So would I, and the irony is that it made me want to gag when I heard it in the cinemas in the 70's. Amazing what nostalgia will do to temper one's ire.