Looking for the best place to purchase a HD DirecTivo (HR10-250)

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Luke_Y, Dec 5, 2004.

1. Luke_Y

Luke_Y Second Unit

I am looking for the best place to purchase a HD DirecTivo (HR10-250).

Went to my usual B&M store and I am not feeling the love; "Cant' discount that at all, it's too new." [​IMG]

I don't have much incentive to buy from a local store as most returns now have to be done through DirecTv anyway. So where can I get the best deal out there? I'm not having much luck finding good prices.

2. Heath_E

Heath_E Stunt Coordinator

You can get one from ecost for $869.99, or from ValueElectronics for $899.99 with a free five year extended warranty and a free t-shirt.

3. Luke_Y

Luke_Y Second Unit

The best that I've been able to come up with is $860 Shipped from e-bay store "DIRECTV Home Center" (supersonicelectronics) or $880 shipped from Solid Signal. Don't know anything about those stores though...

Had one bad experience with e-cost a while back so kind of leary.

4. Matt.R

Matt.R Auditioning

Best I have found is the aforementioned $869 at ecost. I'm a little hesitant to go through ePay. I am considering the 18mo. no interest deal at Best Buy as well, even at full price. I have also read that D* will offer existing customers a service credit of between $250-$350 for the upgrade to HD w/Tivo. I am going to go through D* and see what they will do, maybe even threaten to switch to Comcast.

5. Dave Miller

Dave Miller Supporting Actor

Luke,

I had a great experience w/ Mark Schuertz over at Dish Depot.

As a new D* customer, I got an HDTivo, an SDTivo, install, triple LNB dish, & new cable runs for $899 plus a $50 rebate from D* that I'm still waiting on.

Peace,

DM

6. Matt.R

Matt.R Auditioning

Just purchased mine last night from Value Electronics...$850 shipped with a 5-year warranty and free t-shirt. This deal is for AVS forum members only and expires on 1/9. I could not resist...