What's new

Looking for techno James Bond theme (1 Viewer)

David Susilo

Screenwriter
I don't know the exact title, but I'm looking the revamped version of James Bond theme, the techno sounding one.

It's started being used since The World is Not Enough and heavily used for the TV trailers of Die Another Day.

Can anybody tell me where I can get this song?

David Susilo

Screenwriter
pardon my ignorance, so it's not available as JB soundtrack album at all?. Coz I can't seem to find that particular Moby's album at HMV.ca

thank you for the info, though

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
I believe it's also on teh "Tomorrow Never Dies" soundtrack CD, the majority of which was done by David Arnold.

Jeff Savage

Second Unit
David -
You have mail :) Hopefully the information there can tell you where to find the CD close to you.
Laters,
Jeff

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
if you're interested in that sort of stuff, try looking for "Shaken And Stirred" by The David Arnold James Bond Project. (1997 Warner Music UK Ltd; east west 3984-20738-2)

IIRC, it was Arnold's work on this that got him the gig of scoring an actual Bond movie (TND obviously, and subsequently TWINE).

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
I can thorougly recommend "Shaken & Stirred" too - very good CD, with some interesting choice of cover vocalists (though a few were a bit too "easy").

Greg Black

Second Unit
IMO, if you are interested in electronically enhanced versions of James Bond music, there is none better than The Propellerheads' take on "On Her Majesty's Secret Service", from the album DECKSDRUMSANDROCKANDROLL. Yes, many electronic afficianados hate The Propellerheads, but I find that particular album very likeable. Even has a song with vocals by Shirley Bassey, who sang 3 classic James Bond theme songs: Goldfinger, Diamonds Are Forever, and Moonraker.

There is a new electronic version of the Bond theme done by Paul Oakenfold and is on the Die Another Day soundtrack, but I have not had the chance to hear it yet.

Greg Black

Second Unit
Ah, so it is. :b Upon further inspection, I am somewhat interested to check out that album, although some of the artists chosen to participate in it are a little bit against my tastes in music, and would seemingly desecrate any Bond song they did :frowning:
There are also some other versions of Bond themes which I like, some which may have to be found through a P2P file sharing service. These include:
- Radiohead's live performances of "Nobody Does It Better", however recordings are definitely better than others; I have about 4 different versions from different concerts and they all have their ups and downs
- Coldplay's live rendition of "You Only Live Twice", I have a version from Glastonbury 2000 and it sounds quite nice
- Me First And The Gimme Gimme's cover of "Nobody Does It Better": certainly not to everyone's taste in music, I really love this super-star punk band who exclusively does covers of older songs. Spike Slawson's singing is very good, especially in the intro (and certainly better than one would expect from a punk band covering Carly Simon), and then it kicks into high gear with distorted guitars and fast drums. Very intersting and very highly recommended.

Users who are viewing this thread