looking for Star Wars trilogy ws vhs

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Josh Steinberg, Jun 27, 2003.

1. Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg Lead Actor
    Supporter

Josh Steinberg
    I was recently going through my video collection (I'm going to be moving soon, so going through stuff is a necessity), and to my horror, I discovered that my copy of the Star Wars trilogy is fullscreen! I have the special edition set in widescreen, but the one that really counts, the non-tampered-with-no-digital-effects edition is fullscreen! (Gasp at will.)

Does any kind soul out there happen to have a copy of the non-special edition widescreen edition of the Star Wars trilogy on VHS they'd be willing to part with? If so, please email me at [email protected]

Silly request I know, but thanks for reading...

Josh

2. Ric Easton

Ric Easton Cinematographer

Josh, I just did a search on EBay and saw a few of them listed. Make sure it says Widescreen or Letterbox though. Unfortunately, I can't seem to connect to any of the links right now... I get the same EBay home page. I think EBay may be having the same prob they had about a month ago with folks who have IE6.

Ric

3. Ric Easton

I got Ebay working thru Netscape. You may want to try this auction It's the same set I have, only I seem to have lost the booklet, and it comes with the excellent "Making of" video.

I also have the original trilogy on LD so I may be willing to let the VHS trilogy go for a price, but I am keeping "The Making of a Saga" video!

Good luck.

4. JeremySt

JeremySt Screenwriter

Jeremy
    I have the "faces" widescreen box set. Great condition, each tape has only been watched a few times. I would part with it for $40 plus shipping.

5. Ric Easton

Josh,

You would be wise to go with that "Faces" box set. It was remastered and is the best version you will find on VHS.

Ric