Looking for Speaker Wall Brackets and Wall Plates

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by HeatherM, Aug 22, 2004.

1. HeatherM

HeatherM Stunt Coordinator

I'm getting a speaker system installed for my house and I have 20lbs front speakers that need to be mounted on a wall and I need some speaker brackets that can hold that weight. I also have a 20 lbs center channel speaker that I need a speaker bracket for.

I am also looking for some wall plates so I can have someone wire the speakers thru my walls so that I don't see those ugly wires around my house. Anyone have some or know where I can get them cheap?

2. Drew_W

Drew_W Screenwriter

Wall plates: Home Depot.

Try the HT Construction forum with your questions...you'll probably get better response there about running wires, and integrating speakers into the room with mounts and stuff.

3. Phil A

Phil A Producer

Phil
    milestek.com sells all the snap-in modules and wall plates. Circuit City carries Omnimount brackets. You can look at what they have and charts for different speakers at www.omnimount.com

4. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    20lbs is pretty heavy for a wall-mounted speaker. If you find the Omnimounts look a little too industrial looking, you might consider having small custom shelves built to set the speakers on.

Re wallplates, the cheapest, most effective and most reliable method is to use a blank cover with a hole in the center. Then you can bring the speaker wire directly out of the wall to the speaker.

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt

5. Ron Boster

Ron Boster Screenwriter

6. Leo Kerr

Leo Kerr Screenwriter

Small shelves are the way to go... unless you need to do something funny like pitch the speaker up or down... unless you do construction like me, in which case your shelves will pitch up or down (but rarely at the same angles. [​IMG] )

Leo Kerr

7. Conrad Ebel

Conrad Ebel Agent

I picked up speaker mounts from hometheaterdirect.com. They are cheap and did the job great. My speakers range in weight from 14-24 lbs (polk rti/csi series). These heavy duty metal mounts handle the weight fine. I just used lag screws to mount them to the studs.

Just need to make sure that your speakers will attach to the speaker mounts. The polks have a nice place to bolt the mounts to, so this wasn't a problem for me.

Hope this helps.