What's new

Looking for speaker suggestions (1 Viewer)

Paul Mor

Stunt Coordinator
In my earlier post I was thinking about each speaker at their sale price...which may not be available at this time.

I think you'll be happy with the R30. I'll throw out a suggestion for you that others are welcome to correct me on, but you could get two pair of R15 to use as surrounds and a center. If you ever go 6.1, you'll have the rear center, plus all the speakers will be voiced matched. Not sure about the price on the R15 right now, but I got mine for $49 and I've seen them advertised for $39.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
I'm pretty much a "traditionalist" so my vote goes to a pair of R15's and a CSi25. Too bad Outpost doesn't have these on sale as often as Fry's does (darn near every week). Others around here have suggested using identical bookshelves for the center and all surrounds and I'm really warming up to the idea. I just can't get past that "traditionalist" thing.

Paul Mor

Stunt Coordinator
If you're happy with the R30, you'll also love the R15 for surrounds (and maybe center??). I was actually more impressed with my R15 than I was with my R50...as far as bang for your buck goes. I kept listening to the R15 thinking, "I only paid $50 for these!" I guess since you were able to get your R30 for $90 (that's a crazy bargain), you probably won't be as impressed with the R15 as I was.

Glad to hear you're happy...I thought you'd like them.

Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks