looking for sonotube in the NoVa region

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by GeoffM, Jun 23, 2003.

1. GeoffM

GeoffM Agent

Hi,

Subject pretty much says it all. Anyone know where to get sonotube in the Northern Virginia area?

TIA
    -Geoff

2. David-S

David-S Second Unit

There's a place in springfield, VA, a supply store... believe they showed up under "concrete" in the yellow pages... it's on backlick road, right by 95... They only sell in 12 foot lengths... wasn't too bad a price... (was like, $80 for 12 ft of 18" )

sorry i forgot the name [​IMG]

3. Frank Carter

Frank Carter Screenwriter

Geoff,

The place David is talking about is called Wharton Supply.

Wharton Supply CO
    7620 Backlick Road
    Springfield, VA 22150
    703-569-6660

I bought a 12ft section of 18" tube 2 weeks ago and it cost me $60. They'll deliver it if you have a minimum order of $75. I just picked it up because I live about 2 miles away on the same road. I called around to a few places and they're prices are pretty cheap.

My brother found a place in Manassas that cut the tube and delivered it at no charge, but he couldn't remember the name and I couldn't find the place in the phone book. I think he paid like $30 for 16" tube that was 30" long.

4. GeoffM

GeoffM Agent

Thanks Dave and Frank

Boy I'd sure like to find that place in Manassas! That's right around the corner! and it delivers!?!?

I'll start making some calls and see if I can find it. If not I'll use the place in Springfield.

A little off topic but are there any HT get togethers in NoVA that you know about?

Thanks,
    Geoff

5. GeoffM

GeoffM Agent

Frank,

You don't have any extra tube to sell to me do you??

-Geoff

6. Frank Carter

Frank Carter Screenwriter

Sorry Geoff, after I cut the tubes for my two monsters, I only have a 16" piece left. I doubt that will be enough for your plans.

7. JoelTW

JoelTW Stunt Coordinator

Wow, that's expensive... I managed to get mine free because of "contacts" [​IMG]