1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for something like Paradigm Seismic 12 but under 1k?

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by michael_tran, Jan 19, 2006.

1. michael_tran

michael_tran Agent

I dont have a lot of room, and really like the performance of Seismic 12, small, powerful, earth shaking performance, but one thing that I dont like, price, is there anything out there will match the performance with small profile like that under 1K? I listen mostly 70% movie, 30% music, thanks.

2. DarrenAlan

DarrenAlan Stunt Coordinator

If your room is pretty small, the Seismic 12 strikes me as overkill. For smaller subs in your price range, I'd look into Sunfire, the Velodyne SPL-R series, and the Pinnacle Baby Boomer, in that order.

I have a Pinnacle SubSonic, the Baby Boomer's little brother, in a room 17' x 20' x 20' and it certainly fills the area with loud, tight bass. That's mostly for music, though; YMMV.

Good luck and happy hunting!

3. Jacob C

Jacob C Second Unit

Check out HSU and SVS but the cabinet are probably bigger than what you are looking for. Check out Onix Rocket Subs You can get a pair of the 10" for $1000 or single 12" for $1100. The single 10" goes for about $600. I've heard nothing but good reports about these units. I think it would be worth your time to listen to one.

4. michael_tran

michael_tran Agent

thanks guy, I also found Paradigm pw-2100 and/or pw-2200, are they as good compares to svs and the like? I believe those running under 1K? specially if we can do a little driving to can.

5. Jacob C

Jacob C Second Unit

Many think, myself included, that you just dont get much bang for the buck with paradigm subs. Their fullrange speakers are great I think HSU, SVS, or Onix Rocket are going to give you the most for the money. Right now I am eyeing up the new HSU VTF3-HO its sounds like it will be an absolute monster. Right now you can get it under $1000 with the turbo. The turbo basically extends the length of the port for a lower tuning.