Looking for some Room Opinions

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by ChadLB, Feb 28, 2005.

1. ChadLB

ChadLB Screenwriter

I am thinking of changing some things in my Current HT room and looking for thoughts/opinions.

These are some of my ideas:
    1) Paint screen wall flat black.

2) Either paint the ceiling tiles black or buy black ones if I can find some for a good price.

3) Put a inwall audio rack in the front left wall. Not sure how big. This would then lead to some type of center channel stand.

4) Paint the room area a different color that would match the current carpet color which is a blue that has some red/brown and other small colors in it.

5) Do I put up a chair rail and make the room two tone color. If so what colors and do I do the chair rail on the screen wall as well or just leave that.

Some pictures....
    http://s93005069.onlinehome.us/Home%...e_sanyo_z1.htm

2. Michael Whitney

Michael Whitney Stunt Coordinator

All seems like reasonable ideas given the space.

Other things to consider could be:

Fabricating a Stage in the Front to hide the speaker wires and neaten up the front of the Theatre. Possibly create a front lip on it and hide rope lighting for a neat effect.

Moving that couch away from the speakers, should be blocking decent amount of sound.

Consider if possible building the inwall rack beside the main seating row. Easier to change cd's/videos, hookup gaming systems, headphone runs, etc... If possible create access from behind rack to enable easier access.

I would put the chair rail also on the screen wall to the edges of the screen for consistency sake. I dont think 2 colors above and below really matter. (For me at least)

3. ChadLB

ChadLB Screenwriter

Michael,
    Couch is moved already....
    Not sure if a stage in the front would happen. Would be nice but might not me an option.
    So if I left the blue color which color chair rail - black or white or some otehr color. Also would you paint the bottom baseboards the same color as the chair rail then?

4. Michael Whitney

Michael Whitney Stunt Coordinator

I just was reading the Lowes circular from this sundays paper. They had a faux leather style panel that might look good between the Chair Rail and baseboard moulding. Probably have to have baseboard and chair rail be the same color. Maybe you like it. Just a thought.

I thought the couch was moved already. Just checking.

I only mentioned the stage area because of the installed height of your screen. A stage might help cut the size between floor and screen bottom in half. It would also define the front of room, get speakers closer to ear level and provide a way to hide wires and such to the speakers.

5. ChadLB

ChadLB Screenwriter

No lowes near me......
    Thanks for the ideas though....