What's new

Looking for some Home Theater site recommendations (1 Viewer)

AnthonyMP

Agent
I used to stay on top of the home theater world but lost touch for a few years and feel out of the loop now. Are there any must visit sites besides this one that will help me catch up?

Think I am mostly looking for some general consensus on what are considered to be some of the worthy options in any given category without asking repetitive questions here, basic reviews, product lists, etc. I will be looking into an upgrade within the next 6-9 months or so and would like to get a better idea of what I will be looking into then.

AnthonyMP

Agent
Thanks for the links, appreciated.

I didn't know if there were any online sites that I could read some past reviews of equipment. It has been several years since I read home theater magazines and most of what I know was formed back then. Just didn't want to ask a bunch of questions until I better educated myself so as not to ask too many stupid questions. Was hoping to compile a list of companies to look into and get an idea of some brands I might be interested in.

I would like to trade in or sell what I have now or get an idea on what those that know more about it think of I what I have now and whether I could substantially or subtly improve it within my budget.

Frank Zimkas

Supporting Actor
First off ....Welcome to the HTF! (Forgot my manners earlier.)
Second, if you have not done so already you should read this.
http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...threadid=54755
Use the Search feature to find past reviews, it will save you lots of time. I would not worry too much about asking ANY type of question around here. There are lots of great people here that can and will offer up as much help as you can shake a dead cat at!
I would like to trade in or sell what I have now or get an idea on what those that know more about it think of I what I have now and whether I could substantially or subtly improve it within my budget.
Okay, that's a start, now you just need to let us know what you've got, what you you want to improve on, and how much your S.O. will let you spend!;) You might try doing a search at Audiogon or ebay to see what the going price is for gear you are going to part with.

AnthonyMP

Agent
Thanks for the welcome Frank. I have actually lurked once in awhile over the last year or so, not much though.

I did read that entire thread a few days ago again. Wish I knew about this place the last time I purchased equipment as I think I got suckered into some things that I didn't need. Could have put that money into better components than something not necessary for me.

I guess I will start asking some questions over time then. Thank you kindly for the input.

Edit: Like your setup, nice subtle/minimalist design.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks