What's new

Looking for some good speaker stands (1 Viewer)

Derek_H

Auditioning
I have Definitive Technology ProMonitor 100's and was wondering if anyone out there knew of some good speaker stands for them?

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
Not familiar with your speakers but check out www.electroshop.com. They carry the Sauris line. Great stands. I've got the Natural Foundations in oak for my B&W 602's. Free shipping and good prices.

Derek_H

Auditioning
thanks Bob, unfortunately, the link you gave me led nowhere. I don't know, maybe I just don't understand how to navigate through it.

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
Sorry, I think I dropped the "s". Try www.electroshops.com and look at the left side under speaker stands. If that doesn't work, send me your email and I'll send you the URL directly.
(EDIT: ok, this works now)
[Edited last by Bob-N on August 23, 2001 at 05:57 PM]

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Derek, Bob beat me to the recommendation of Sanus Natural Foundations stands from www.electroshops.com . I bought a pair of oak and black 36" stands from them for $120 a few weeks ago. They are very nice looking and well made, and they are very easy to put together. Electroshops.com is very good to deal with as well. The salesman I spoke to over the phone was very helpful, and the stands came in only a few days.
------------------
My:
HT Pics ; Equipment List ; DVD Collection ; LD Collection
KeithH: Saving the Home Theater World Before Bedtime

Roger Kaufmann

Stunt Coordinator
When I needed speaker stands for my B&W Matrix 805's I used Sound Anchor stands. Great stands, very stable, very heavy, but not inexpensive. Their site is:
http://www.soundanchors.com
If you want the best, these guys are a viable alternative. If you are trying to keep your costs down below $200 or so, they're not the right guys.
Just my .02.
------------------
R. Kaufmann
My DVD Profiler Collection

tom_furman

Stunt Coordinator
go to a metal shop and have them make a set for you. i work in one and the material to make a set costs like $20 (this is using 1/4" steel).
anyway i couldnt find stands big/strong enough to hold up my HTD III speakers. and if they were strong enough they werent tall. so i had mine custome made. 44" high and weighing a whopping 60lbs a stand! (without sand inside yet) they ever have a place to hide the wire...
e-mail me if u want pics or blueprints...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks