What's new

Looking for Some Good "Shrinking Person" Movies (1 Viewer)

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I was recently wanting to watch a movie in which someone gets shrunk down and roams around everyday objects etc. I found (and watched) the 1950"s Incredible Shrinking Man, but I have not been able find many others. I know of the Lilly Tomlin one from the 80's (incredible Shrinking Woman) but it seems it is almost impossible to find for some reason. It does not seem to be on Blu-Ray and even finding a DVD is hard. Netflix doesn't seem to have it, and the only ones I can find on Amazon seem to be sold on Recordable DVD-R.

I thought there would be loads of them, but other that the "Honey I Shrunk ....." movies and the two I mentioned above, I came up blank.

I was hoping the good folks here could give me some suggestions of good "Shrinking" movies.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I forgot about innerspace. Too bad it is almost all inside a submarine ;(

I am hoping Ant Man is good.

Don't think I heard of Attack of the Puppet People. I will try and find it.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Not exactly a "shrinking people" film, but there's also The Borrowers (1997):

The Borrowers are four-inch high "little people" who live under the floorboards. When the owner of the house they live in dies and evil realtor Ocious Potter wants to destroy the house to build luxury apartments on its place, they start to fight him with the help of the son of house owner, Pete.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
And The Secret World of Arietty, Studio Ghibli's take on The Borrowers. There's not a huge list of titles, maybe The Three Worlds of Gulliver, too, in part.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Thanks for the suggestions. I have added the Borrowers, Attack of the Pupped People and The Secret World of Arietty to my Neflix Queues.

I knew this was the place to ask. It has only been 30 minutes and I have at least 3 new things to watch.

This place rocks. :D

Vic Pardo

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian Camp
In DR. CYCLOPS (1940), the first Technicolor science fiction feature, the title character shrinks the entire rest of the cast to doll-size:

Earlier films with shrunken people include THE BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN (1935):

dr-pretorious.jpg

...and DEVIL DOLL (1936):

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
davidHartzog said:
Here's two.
Dollman! That's the one I was trying to think of. My mind kept coming up with Trancers, which is a different franchise.

EDIT: It's "Trancers" (the Tim Thomerson, Full Moon picture) that I meant, not "Tracers" (the recent Taylor Lautner parkour film). Sheesh!

Brent Reid

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brent
Can't believe no one's mentioned it yet, especially for this forum, but the first to pop into my head was The 7th Voyage of Sinbad (1958). Great looking BD too.

There's obviously also some person shrinkage action in Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger (1977).

Congratulations Scott, I think you may have discovered a new genre! ;)

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Brenty said:
Can't believe no one's mentioned it yet, especially for this forum, but the first to pop into my head was The 7th Voyage of Sinbad (1958). Great looking BD too.

God, that princess was smokin' hawt, too.

Vic Pardo

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian Camp
I recently watched an episode of "Ultra Q" (1965/Japan), called "The 1/8 Project" about a plan to shrink people to 1/8 their size to save space and resources in Japan. The heroine gets shrunken against her will and her partners trudge around a miniature city set (like Godzilla) in order to find her.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I just stumbled across a movie that seems to fit this topic, and it is one I have never heard of.

It is called "Arthur and the Invisibles"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0344854/

It is sort of a combination live action and animation, like James and the Giant Peach. I actually thought the animation style was quite good.

I also liked "The Secret World of Arietty", so thanks Bob for that suggestion. I am beginning to really did Studio Ghibli's work.

Thanks again for all the good suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks