What's new

Looking for some advise while picking up a receiver. (1 Viewer)

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
That is a question I can't answer. Worst case is you have to return it.The AVR probably comes up with 30x5(the rating used is based on 2 channels). So it is close.

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
No brand is specifically better than another. Sony's problem stems from being thought of a "gaming and movie house that happens to still make CE".Pioneer acts like it wants to turn everything into an Elite(which is not a good thing).Out of Onkyo/Integra, Denon/Marantz and Yamaha your options are better than what Pioneer and Sony offer.The good news is, the 522/822 are last years(New models end in 3). Amazon sells them for $175 and 239.There is a used 522 on Amazon for $125+$16 shipping.Nobody gives love to the entry level AVR. Amazon also has a "Amazon warehouse deal" for $181.64 on the Onkyo NR414. No way I pick the 522 over the NR414.

BigLouis1971

Auditioning
Real Name
Luis Riefkohl
I took a look at the Onkyo you mentioned but the network capabilities along with the surround back preamp outputs of the Pioneer VSX-822-K make it my top choice so far. If I decide for another receiver is because it have the same network features, preamp outputs and is priced similar but has a reputation to last longer. So I don't think I'll decide for something else at least for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks