Looking for software......

Discussion in 'Computers' started by SteveADavis, Jun 13, 2003.

1. SteveADavis

SteveADavis Agent

I'm looking at putting together my first HTPC. I'll be using the coolermaster case, an M-Audion 24/96 w/ toslink in and out, a all-in-wonder 9700 pro. I don't exactly what motherboard and processor I'll be running, but that shouldn't matter. I'm wanting to use it as a PVR off my satellite. What kind of software would I used for recording? Also what other software do you recommend? Is winXP media center worth anything? Thanks in advance

2. Jeff Blair

Jeff Blair Second Unit

I use ShowShifter. I like that I can have all of my video,mp3s, and pics in one program. I also use a program called TVHolic to set up recordings. They just came out with an update to record every time a certen program comes on.

I would also take a look at SnapStreams product. I have heard of some good things.

As for Windows XP-MCE, you can't even buy it. But, it looks like the same interface as ShowShifter.

If you are running Linux, look at Freevo. It is a free PVR program. Now, if I could only compile it for Windows. [​IMG]

3. Nate Wh

Nate Wh Agent

for an All-in-one media center type of layout.. myHTPC has worked great for me.. it allows you to do alot of cool stuff..

www.myhtpc.net