What's new

Looking for sites other than Ebay for used eqpm (1 Viewer)

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
I know about Audiogon, Audioweb, and Ubid. Any other places I could look for A/V equipment? I'm looking for a pair of Klipsch Chorus II in lt. oak. Chorus show up on Ebay with some regularity but usually in finishes other than lt. oak. I'm trying to increase my chances of finding a pair.

I already hang out at the Klipsch BB so I know about that one.

Thanks.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
I'm not quite sure why this was moved from after hours. Yeah, I'm currently looking for speakers but I was looking for websites selling A/V equipment, not just speakers.

Dave Herkert

Agent
Were Chorus II's ever made in light oak?? I'm not saying that they were not, but I don't recall seeing a pair. If Klipsch made these, I don't think they made very many.

OTOH, the oak oil finish seems to be much more common.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
Dave,

The Chorus came in oiled oak, oiled walnut, black, and oak clear. Oak clear is for all intents and purposes lt. oak. I have a pair of KG-3's in oak clear and a pair of Kg-1.5's in lt. oak. They're the same finish. I want to get the Chorus in oak clear/lt. oak so I'll have a matching set. Then I'll track down either a lt. oak or black Academy. I also have a pair of KG-4's in oiled oak. The Chorus will replace the 4's as mains in my HT system. You're right, the oiled oak is more common but I already have the surrounds (KG-3's) and rear surrounds (KG-1.5's) in lt. oak. I can either find a pair of Chorus in oak clear or find them in oiled oak and use the KG-4's as side surrounds. However, then I'd have to find another pair of 1.5's in oiled oak. I really want a matching set.

Jason,

The Chorus on Audioweb that you've linked are oiled oak and well above what the going rate for these speakers is. There are two other pairs of Chorus on Audioweb going for $650 and $850. I don't know why this guy has them for $1,450. I don't think he'll have many takers at that price. You're talking LaScala or Belle for that money.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks