Looking for RING Horror movie. Please help

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Rolando, Feb 13, 2002.

1. Rolando

Rolando Screenwriter

Is it on DVD in any region? If so is it good quality picture? I want the best possible presentation (VCD, LD or DVD) in widescreen and original language (these are a must) with English subs of course.

What is out there?

2. Sebastian B.

Sebastian B. Auditioning

The Tartan Dvd (UK R2) is probably the best option you have at the moment. Extra features are lacking but the image and sound are good. You can also find the 2 sequels (ring 2 and ring 0 which should come out at the end of the month) from the same editor.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...885839-4503624

3. MaxY

MaxY Guest

4. Rolando

Rolando Screenwriter

Thanks guys. Now Sebastian I assume that is PAL right? Sucks to be me I guess... Actually it's the same DVD on the site you refered me too Max right?

Guess it's time to change the question to how can i watch this on my NTSC TV??? what player can I/Should I get and where?

5. Eujin

Eujin Supporting Actor

You need a player that will convert PAL to NTSC and is also region-free (unless the disc is region 1 or 0). Right now, the best affordable options are the Malata N996 and a bunch of cheaper players from Sampo and Apex. If you head over to avsforum.com, there is a member there who sells modded JVCs that can also do the conversion. A recent development is another Chinese player by Nintaus that uses the Sage chip AND supposedly converts PAL to NTSC, but this has NOT been confirmed (available at hivizone.com).

I personally use the Malata, which is generally considered the best option out there right now, due to it's scaling capability (pretty important if you don't have a 16:9 set--I didn't when I first got it). The Sampo and Apex players are very cheap, but the quality of picture just isn't as good (Malata is progressive). Anyway, hope this info helps.

6. Mark Zimmer

Mark Zimmer Producer

Max, if you point someone there and they go there, does that mean they'll die in ten days? [​IMG]

7. Nick Graham

Nick Graham Screenwriter

After hearing good things about this film, I decided to get a VCD off of eBay....big mistake. The subtitles are sporadic and a lot of the time nonsensical. Get the UK DVD, as the VCD is absolutely worthless, and kills any possibility of enjoying the movie unless you know Jaspanese.

8. mike-j

mike-j Auditioning

The NTSC option would be to get the Korean film "Ring Virus" This is a remake of the Japanese film made in conjunction with the Japanese. Personally, I enjoyed it just as much, if not more than the Japanese "Ring". To me, If you have seen one, you can skip the other. They are that similar.

The Korean disc is all region and good quality.

Now as to Ring 2 or Ring 0...... can't help you there.

You can find it on Pokerindustries.com among others

9. Lannie Lorence

Lannie Lorence Stunt Coordinator

The disc is region 0, so all you need to do is figure out how to play a PAL disc. You can get it the movie at www.blackstar.co.uk if you want.