What's new

Looking for replacement tweeters for Mirage M5si. Suggestions? (1 Viewer)

Edwin-S

Premium
I'm looking for replacement tweeters for my left speaker. Mirage no longer stocks parts for these speakers. I would like to know if anyone knows where I could get equivalent replacements? Purchasing new speakers is out of the question at this time. Would any titanium metal dome tweeter be suitable as a replacement? Thanks in advance for any responses.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
You must find a tweeter that is the same size, same mounting screw pattern, same impedance, same impedance curve, same sound dispertion pattern, and same frequency response. Unless you can figure that out, buying a generic tweeter is just guessing.

Maybe someone at DIY Audio dot com knows of a suitable replacement. Small speaker companies like GR Research, Madisound or Meniscus can look atyour working speaker and see what crossover changes are necessary to put in one of their tweeters. It may be cheap but it could cost more than a new set of speakers. I'd add an auto-search to Ebay to see if someone sells the same speaker. Then you could use it for replacement parts.

Edwin-S

Premium
Thanks for the response. Somehow I had a feeling that finding replacements wasn't going to be easy.

Michaelrg

Auditioning
Real Name
Michael Greggs
Sorry to dig up an old post but I have the same problem in that I need to replace the left tweeter and just wondered if you had any luck finding a suitable replacement?

All help appreciated.

JohnnyJ54

Auditioning
Real Name
John Jeffries
How are you fellows doing with parts for your Mirage M5si speakers.
I'm looking for a pair of Mirage 6.5" Injection molded polypropylene woofers P/N 5DR51023 for my Mirage M5si speakers.
If you have a pair, please contact me with a price and condition of your woofers.
Thank you
John

Edwin-S

Premium
How are you fellows doing with parts for your Mirage M5si speakers.
I'm looking for a pair of Mirage 6.5" Injection molded polypropylene woofers P/N 5DR51023 for my Mirage M5si speakers.
If you have a pair, please contact me with a price and condition of your woofers.
Thank you
John

I ended up replacing my M5Si speakers with B&W CM9s. I had plans to turn a spare room into a media room and the M5s would have been too big to fit alongside the 106" diagonal screen that I was going with. I have them stored downstairs somewhere, but I'm not sure what condition the woofers would be in as I haven't fired them up in 12 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StreetPreacher
Recent bookmarks