Looking for recommendations on cheap 27" TV

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kevin Stefanich, Jul 23, 2002.

1. Kevin Stefanich

Kevin Stefanich Auditioning

Feb 21, 2001

I have a relatively new girlfriend looking to pick up a new TV, max size 27". I am attempting to help her shop, and also attempting to not be overbearing in the process.

She is on a fairly limited budget (cap at $600), will not be putting in anywhere near a full HT system (currently refusing to consider even a lower-end receiver), will be using the TV's internal speakers, and will not be swayed by the joys/benefits of superior technology.

She will have dig. cable, TIVO, VCR, and a DVD. The interaction of all of these will need to be as simple as possible.

I have historically been a fan of the sony WEGA, but am not fond of the price.

I have convinced her that a flat screen is the way to go, and was wondering what you could recommend in terms of quality picture, ease of use, speakers, etc.

I was thinking along the lines of Mitsubishi, Toshiba and Panasonic as possible options.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
  2. Larry F.

Larry F. Agent

May 28, 2002
    Check out the AKAI 2790/91 at Sam's Club nice product quite cheap $349 or $379.