What's new

Looking for Recommendations - I have 3500 to spend... (1 Viewer)

Noel_D

Auditioning
Greetings,
I am making a Home Theatre room. The room dimensions are 19'x17'. I'm looking to get a 61" widescreen TV. 90% of my viewing time will be movies and sports, with 10% music.
I do need a second music output for speakers that will go to our outside patio.
I am in the beginning stages of understanding what I want for a surround sound system. I'm leaning towards a Denon 3802 receiver, but that's as far as I've gotten. I will have the speakers mounted in the walls (I'll be framing the walls in the next two weeks), but have yet to determine the number of speakers, etc.
Anyone have any recommendations for me. I know very little of speaker choices, woofers, etc. Any and all help is appreciated.

Jeremy Hegna

Supporting Actor
"I am making a Home Theatre room. The room dimensions are 19'x17'. I'm looking to get a 61" widescreen TV."
If you are dead set on 60-65" that's going to chew up most if not all of your budget. It's a great place to start, but the new Mitsubishi 65" is $3500 MSRP. You'll be able to take care of your monitor, but the audio will come later.
Again, only if you are dead set on 60".
Jeremy

Noel_D

Auditioning
My apologies Jeremy. I'm budgetting 3500 for the sound and another 3500 for the TV. I'm honing in on what I want for the TV but have no idea on the sound. So, with 3500 for sound, you got any thoughts?

JohnMW

Second Unit
Real Name
John
Hello, I have about the same amout budgeted for my speakers. You should audition speakers since the suggestions are subjective.
FWIW I chose Paradigm Reference speakers.
Studio 40's or 80's for the front (675 & 1000.00)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks