What's new

Looking for recomendation for media room (1 Viewer)

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Is this worth it ?
Only you can decide that.
Can I do better ?
Yes but it will cost more.

Have you auditioned Klipsch speakers. Some find the horn tweeters bright. Others find them harsh. There's nothing worse than spending all of this money on a system only to find out you can't stand how it sounds.

Type A

HW Reviewer
Real Name
Ty
Welcome to the forum Durian :)

Robert is right on. And Ill add that horns are very forward and in your face. Luckily Klipsch is one of the easiest speakers to audition, got a Best Buy close to you? Not the best environment to audition speakers but is better than a deaf buy.

durianmy

Auditioning
Real Name
Durian
So after much deliberation, I am going with the following:-

Front L/R - JBL L820 - Ordered (Later L890 - when the price is lower)
Center - JBL LC2 - Ordered
SR L/R - JBL L820 - Ordered
Sub - BIC F12 - Ordered

Receiver - Denon AVR-2313ci (Not yet) Any other recomendation ? I am going to get refurburshied from accessories4less

Thanks

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Nothing wrong with the 2313.

I always recommend AVR with pre-outs in case you ever want to run a pair off the AVR. But hard to spend the extra dough on the 3313 based on how cheap the 2313 is compared to it. (unless you can go back to the 3312 or 3311 without losing some "modern" feature* that lives in the XX13 that wasn't around when the XX11 and XX12 were new)

*And that would require you to download the manuals for the 3311/12/13 and read them to see if there is something the 3313 has the other two don't...just from being 1 and 2 model years newer.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I too was considering the 2313, but stock on them has dried up. I got Best Buy to drop the price on its replacement the 2000, to $550, and I heartily recommend it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treed99
Recent bookmarks