What's new

Looking for Pro-HD-DVD articles/reviews (1 Viewer)

Dan Hinson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dan Hinson
Can anyone point me to some magazine and/or Internet articles/reviews that are “Pro-HD-DVD”? Specifically, I was looking for write-ups comparing HD-DVD and Blu-ray, but favoring HD-DVD.

Many thanks.

Ryan-G

Supporting Actor

Any head-head with the original Sony Mpeg2 discs should be decidedly HD-DVD favorable.

Outside of that, the only difference from what I've seen is price unless you want to get into mandatory specs for sound.

For the record, not thread-crapping, I own an HD-DVD addon for my 360, probably will buy into BR down the line too unless things change...

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz

Why would you want information skewed to one side ? Wouldn't you want the source to be imparcial and report the facts. If you want to buy the HD-DVD no mater what then I would just go out and buy one. I would not base my purchase based on a site that is biased towards one side or the other. While I plan on purchasing a blu-ray player soon I also own a Toshiba HD-A1 and have been very impressed with the HD video quality especially for $500.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Well, he may be more interested in the way those articles are written, rather than the actual content.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer

This makes no sense...why would you want this information...to justify a purchase you made or plan on making soon?

JamesNM

Auditioning

Trying to get affirmation for his own decision or a decision to be made in the future by himself or a friend maybe? I know I do the same myself on occasion ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks