Looking for opinion on the Sunfire subwoofers

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott Cunninghm, Aug 14, 2002.

1. Scott Cunninghm

Scott Cunninghm Stunt Coordinator

Have been looking for a sub for my setup. I have considered the Hsu VTF-2, several Velodynes (especially the CT-100), the Boston Acoustics 10" sub, The Earthquake subs, and now the Sunfire True or the Sunfire True jr.

Anyone have any opinion on the sound quality of these units. The tiny size is very appealing (especially when compared to some of the bigger subs), but the price is pretty steep. I can spend the cash if they are worth it, but I don't know enough about them to tell.

2. Ben_wood

Ben_wood Stunt Coordinator

Scott, the Hsu VTF-2 is a GREAT sub. It can be had for $449 delivered. The quality is very good, I'm very pleased with mine! [​IMG]

3. Tom Vodhanel

Tom Vodhanel Cinematographer

The VTF-2 would toast BA,CT and Jr woofs in clean headroom and honest extension(how anyone interprets each model subjectively is beyond my prediction skills [​IMG] ). To approach the same level of performance...you'll have to spend 3-4x and step up to the MKII and SIG models.
    TV

4. Henry_W

Henry_W Stunt Coordinator

Tom hit it on the nose...

5. Chas_T

Chas_T Supporting Actor

Yup.. Tom hit the nail. The Earthquake has the 10" and street pricing is around $5-600. I have never heard that model so I don't know how it would compare to the Hsu.
    http://www.earthquakesound.com/mkiv10.htm