looking for old version dts plaque

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Gregg TS, Oct 30, 2004.

1. Gregg TS

Gregg TS Auditioning

I have been looking everywhere online but cannot find the old version of the dts plaque that is black plastic with raised gold lettering. The dts online store only has the new version which is clear with red lettering. Does anyone know of a source to buy the old plaques?

Thanks for any assistance.

Gregg

2. Nick P

Nick P Second Unit

Ebay is your best option. They do pop up on there from time to time.

3. Travis_R

Travis_R Stunt Coordinator

You could always do and Advanced Image search for Large Image Files on GOOGLE, If you have a good enough printer just print it out and buy a picture frame, thats what a freind of mine did and it looks pretty cool, I plan on doing the same when I get my theater done He did that for THX and DTS, and there are alot of choices on Google

4. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

Actually, that new version looks very nice. I have the original but side by side this would probably look higher end. Other than that eBay will be your only real option unless someone here wants to sell theirs.

There were some great plaques from a guy in Sweden (if I recall) for all sound formats. If anyone has that link I'd like to see them again. At the time he wasn't distributing to North America, although there was a special arrangement being made that had an excrutiatingly high cost. But the plaques themselves were gorgeous. And moreover they were uniform. So you could have a great trio of DTS, Dolby, and THX with the same look and dimensions compared to a relatively haphazard mix of original product (for example, the original Dolby Digital and DTS plaques that I have are completely different sizes that look kind of odd together).

5. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

Found it:

http://www.designbybond.se/loggore.html

Absolutely beautifully done. They now have US shipping which is cool. Downside is that these puppies are pretty expensive but they look it. For a trio (DTS, Dolby, THX) shipped to the US you're looking at $225. But damn!

6. Nick P

Nick P Second Unit

Of course if you're looking for a uniform set of sound logo plaques I can take care of you also. They can be personalized with your name or theater's name. I'm even a forum sponser![​IMG]

www.showcase-signs.com

7. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

Gregg

I was going through my HT paraphernalia this evening and took another look at the original DTS plaque you asked about. It's larger than I remember and won't be suitable for my space, so it's yours for the US$38 I paid for it plus shipping. Never been installed, still in original packaging with finishing screws. If you've already found one and somebody else is interested let me know.

8. James_S

James_S Second Unit