What's new

Looking for old equipment specs (1 Viewer)

Guillaume H

Auditioning
Hi
I have an old stereo system that my dad gave me when I was young (maybe 8 years ago). I'm trying to find out how good (or bad) of a stereo I have. I must admit that I think it's pretty powerful, but still not powerful enough for me when I go crazy. The amplifier was made in 1977 I think. So anyway here it goes, I listed everything I could find on the front and back:

Technics SU-Z2 "Stereo Integrated Amplifier"
Power Source: AC 60Hz 120V 275VA 230W
Main OR Remote: 4-16 ohm / each speaker
Main AND Remote: 8-16 ohm / each speaker
- Bass/Treble control: -10dB to 10dB each, in 2db increments
- Subsonic Filter: 30Hz (-6dB/oct)
- High Filter: 7kHz (-6dB/oct)

Realistic 31-2000A "Wide Range Stereo Frequency Equalizer"
Input: 60hz 120V 15W
- Analog controls: -12dB to +12dB for 31Hz, 62Hz, 125Hz, 250Hz, 400Hz, 1kHz, 2kHz, 4kHz, 8kHz, 16kHz

And here are the speakers:
Technics SB-L70
3 Way Speaker System
Impedance 8ohm
Input: 90W, Music; 60W, DIN
- Simple ported
- 10" sub, 4" mid, 2.5" tweeter

What does "DIN" means for the speakers? I'm also trying to figure out how many watts the amplifier is.

RayJK

Stunt Coordinator
I don't have any paperwork that goes back that far but if I had to guess (I did sell Technics back then) I would say you probably have about a 50wpc unit. Even if it was a little more at say 70wpc you wouldn't notice it. Can't help you at all with the EQ. DIN power is/was the European rating for power that was used. Not quite as stringent as the FTC rating we do here now but better than "music power" as an indicator.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Technics was a fairly well-regarded brand, as far as their electronics go. Wouldn’t say much good about their speakers, though, or any other speakers from the major Japanese manufacturers.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Guillaume H

Auditioning
Hey thanks guys
I didn't expect anyone to reply to my thread as my equipment is very old...

I don't know much about receivers/speakers yet, but I thought it was more than 50w per chan, as the Sony RX77 compact stereo my mom has is 100w per chan (probably "non-standard" numbers) and my stereo pumps a lot more than hers... even though I haven't been able to set the equalizer to have it sound as clear as her stereo.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks