What's new

Looking for new tv!! (1 Viewer)

Novice09

Auditioning
Real Name
Jim
Hello,
I am looking to buy my first LCD or PLASMA television and am looking for some advice/opinions.... Will most likely purchase in the 40'-50' range and will also be using it for some online xbox gaming. With the holidays coming and going I am expecting some sweet deals. I would appreciate some advice from the experienced as far as matters of: LCD vs PLASMA, size, accessories, brand, and deals I am not aware of...Just don't feel like a salesman pushing extra junk on me. Thanks all for your help.

Kevin Stewart

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin Stewart
You must have a huge room to fit a 40' - 50' display. I don't think they even make them that big.

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
They say that plasmas have better blacks and contrast, but I don't like the way they reflect everything. I just can't get by that. So, between the two, I'd go with LCD. But that's just me........
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

When I get one this spring, I'll be getting a 67" LED DLP. I like the bigger screen size, for less money.
Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks