What's new

looking for new speakers (1 Viewer)

Niro

Auditioning
I just replaced my Onkyo receiver with a Harman Kardon 320 receiver...and now I'm thinking about replacing my polk speakers. Any suggestions on what speakers to go with? I'm not looking to spend more then 1000-1500 total (speakers+sub). I was looking at paradigms...but I don't know which models I should get, or where to get the cheapest price for them.

Thanks,
Mike

John Desmond

Stunt Coordinator
There are SO many choices. It highly depends on your priorities/tastes. This summer I put together a second system with a pair of ACI Emeralds/ Force sub. In your price range. Very musically satisfying to say the least. Great looking hand crafting as well.

Bry_DD

Second Unit
Take a look at the Axiom and for the sub SVS.
Also look at the B&W 600 series and PSB Image series and did I mention SVS for the sub:D

JohnBrianW.

Stunt Coordinator
Thats close to what I was looking for and what I've auditioned so far is the Totem Dreamcatchers, Energy encore system, Energy Connoisseur (C1's,dipoles, c-center channel and sub ??), Axiom M3 fronts, QS4's rear, VP150, EP175 also listened to B&W DM 600 fronts and rear, LCR60 center ASW600 sub. I also listened to some Paradigm ref., but its too pricey for me, Listened to some Pardigm monitor stuff as well.
Here is how I ranked them for sound and value:
#1 Totem Dreamcatcher www.totemacoustic.com
#2 AxiomAudio
#3 B&W www.bwspeakers.com
#4 Energy Connoisseur series
#5 Paradigm Monitor Series www.paradigm.ca
#6 Energy Encore system www.energy-speakers.com

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks