What's new

Looking for New S-VHS (1 Viewer)

Doug_L

Stunt Coordinator
I presently own a JVC S-VHS (model # 3600?). Although I love the picture quality and most of the features, there's one that I hate. I need to buy a new deck for the bedroom, and would either like a unit that does not have this issue, or learn how to turn it off on the JVC.
The feature in question is that the deck rewinds to the previous "in point" or Index Point (essentially a cut point in the recording). I like this sometimes, but often I'm watching my own compilation tapes and I need to go back either about an hour and a half, or just for a long while. I know that I can set if for 2,3,4... Index Points, but sometimes this just is not enough.
1) Is it possible to turn off this rewind to index point feature on this, or other JVC S-VHS decks? This would be a huge help to me, as I generally like JVC.
2) If not, can somebody recommend another brand of S-VHS units? This is for the bedroom, and the only feature I want to spend money on is picture quality - ie: a no frills S-VHS deck.
Thanks in advance.

I have a JVC 7600 and a friend of mine has the 3600. If you use the standard rewind fast forward buttons next to the Play/Stop/Pause/Record buttons, then it should be just regular rewind/ff until you press stop or it hits the end of the tape. The white pad at the bottom is what rewinds and fast forwards to the next index point.
Unless there is some menu option that I am not aware of that makes all of the rewind/ff buttons go to index points then this is how it should work.

Doug_L

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks, Wade. I use a Pronto and ripped the codes off somebody else's files. Guess I need to go back and reprogram the sucker.
This is a big help. Thanks again.

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
I bought a JVC 7800 and it works like a normal VCR as far as I can see. Perhaps you want the extra features to work a different way. I like the VCR so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks