What's new

Looking for New DVD Player.....Region Free and Progressive Scan.....any Ideas?? (1 Viewer)

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
Right now I'm looking to upgrade my Aiwa DVD player, which I've had for almost 3 years. Its worked great, but newer and better models have been availale since, with much better features. I'm looking for a player with DTS and Dolby Digital connections of course, component video, progressive scan, and just about all the features regular Region 1 players have, and Region Free capabilities. I've seen many releases outside of Region 1 that are far better releases. I'm mostly looking for Region 2, 3, and 4 NTSC titles. I've looked around at some places, but was wondering if anyone has any opinions on certain players. I'm looking to see waht kind of features they have, the kind of A/V quality they have, price range, and where I can find it, or just any thoughts on what I may be able to find. Any comments are welcome and appreciated.....

John Lloyd

Second Unit
There are a wide variety of players available. I think www.hkflix.com has quite a few models at different price points. They also carry a lot of Hong Kong DVDs.

I recently purchased the Momitsu V880, which also does upconverting to 720P and 1080i. It has played several movies flawlessly for me, but the response to button pushes can be a little sluggish. It reminds me of my Panasonic RP-91 it that respect. You should be able to search for other threads on this player; also check out one of the US distributors at http://www.extremephono.com.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks