Looking for info on the SVS PC+ preorder

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jeff_M, Jul 8, 2002.

1. Jeff_M

Jeff_M Stunt Coordinator

I know the preorder starts Monday, July 15. I am wondering how the preorder works. Do I stay up until the stroke of midnight on Sunday, July 14? How does billing work? Does a fraction of the order price get billed to my credit card, or the whole amount? Or is their no charge until the sub ships? I've heard that the first batch won't ship until August. Any updates on this? I wonder how the preorder for these bad-boys will compare to those of past models...

2. SVS-Ron

SVS-Ron Screenwriter

Jeff,

The tentative plan is to have pre-orders start at mid-night 15 July (or 0001hrs 16 July if you will). We'll put the latest information about projected shipping dates at that time and keep it updated on our News page. Right now we're still shooting for late August. But given amp makers seem never to make the exact "promised" shipping time, all we can say further is that we'll push as hard as we can without compromising performance or quality as the 525watt amp line spins up. So those that order early will get the first units (well tested I promise) but may need an extra dose of patience as the first supplies of our custom amp arrive (all other PC-Plus parts are already in place).

If you order after that date you credit card would be "authorized" but not charged until the unit ships. Bank/Debt cards work differently, the money is "held" and then released when the sub ships (that is neither you nor SVS has the money... don't ask me where it actually is).

Given that we fully expect the price/performance ratio of the PC-Plus line to match, if not exceed the PCi line, we expect them to be very good sellers. We'll be ready to produce lots of them but if you want to be one of the first on your block with what'll be one of the most accurate and potent powered subs in the world, you don't want to wait too long past the 15th of July to order.

Ron