Looking for info on the 1986 FBI Miami shootout incident.

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Inspector Hammer!, Jan 7, 2006.

1. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    You may recall this terrible event which was depicted in the telefilm In the Line of Duty The FBI Murders where William Matix and Michael Platt, two crazed, trigger happy nut jobs who liked to rob banks and execute bystanders were finally cornered by the Miami FBI and proceeded to engage them in a bloody shootout that left two agents dead and others citically wounded.

The incident later became a training model for new agents on how to engage violent criminals in this manner.

I just bought the film on dvd from Best Buy (highly recommended BTW, very intense) and am interested in reading more about the incident itself, however when I tried a search I keep getting a bunch of unrelated stuff or just small blurbs about it.

Perhaps someone could please point me in the right direction on this? Thanks.

2. Jason Merrick

Jason Merrick Supporting Actor

Jason Merrick
  3. Inspector Hammer!

John Williamson
    Just what I was looking for, Jason, thanks. [​IMG]

I might try to track down that book as well.

4. Inspector Hammer!

John Williamson
    Wow, after reading that first link I will most definitely track down that book!

It also sounds to me like the film depicted the events fairly accurately as well, with the exception of the fatal wounds that agents Grogan and Dove sustained and the position of their car, the article said that it rolled foreward after the battle but in the film it's right against the other agents car the entire time.

EDIT: Yikes, that second link comes down hard on the film, i've seen it many times and have never heard much dispute about it's accuracy. Interesting.