What's new

Looking for ideas on HT/game room (1 Viewer)

Eric Tobias

Agent
My current room is 16x24x10. I have the TV at one of the narrow ends and the couch about 10 ft away. I currently own a 55" HDTV with Def Tech 2002's and a CLR 2500 center. I use matching def tech in ceilings for the side and rear surrounds.

I would like to add a pool table for me and air hockey/foosball etc for my son. I would like to reconfigure the room to get the couch out of the center and move against a wall.

If I move the couch against a wall. Where would I place the rears, overhead or in the rear wall, even though they woud be 2 ft from the listening position?

If I put the couch on a long wall, I would put the TV on the opposite side. Might change TV's to save space. What are your thoughts on plasma vs projector. I was thinking a projector is better for movies but plasma might be more versatile for use while playing pool etc.

Who makes good in wall systems?

Another option is the couch at one end of the room with a drop down screen somewhere in the middle of the room. If a screen were not right on the wall where are the fronts and center mounted, can they be in the ceiling?

How is the sound?

My other consideration is expanding the room to accomplish what I want and the cost is at least 20k.

See what you guys started!!

Thanks for any advice.

Eric

Joseph Sulse

Auditioning
Eric,

I my opinion you are looking to get a lot out of that space. I have a game room with similar dimensions and, try as I may, could not design it to function as a theatre and game room. Those pool tables take up so much room! I finally decided to try and make the theatre work in the family room which is a work in progress. At best you could get a good stereo sound in the room but a 5.1 system might be unattainable due to room size.

I beleive B&W, M&K, Niles, KEF and a host of other manufactures make in-walls.

Cheers,
Joseph

Joseph Sulse

Auditioning
Eric,

I flipped through this month's Home Theater mag. at a news stand and came across an article that would interest you. They reviewed three home theaters and one is very simialar to your's, pool table and all. Check it out!

Cheers,
Joseph

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks