What's new

Looking for HTIB w/out speakers (1 Viewer)

Greg Bright

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregory Bright
For my grandson, age 6, I'm trying to find a combined receiver/DVD player such as comes with many HTIB systems. Must include DD processing. Top price $150. No speakers. I already have better speakers than will come with any $5-600 system. Didn't know whether to post this here or in Amps/Receivers. But if anybody can point me in the right direction I'd be most grateful.

Greg

EricRWem

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adrik
Most HTIB's I've seen, those are still two "seperate" units. Basically you want a receiver and a CD/DVD player under $150.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-7av8bMH...0&I=257RX6040B

That's about the cheapest thing I know of. Slap any DVD/CD player you feel with that and I guess you're set to go.

If you didn't have the speakers, I'd say the Onkyo 767 on clearance somewhere or even the new 777 set would set you well over the top.

Greg Bright

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregory Bright
Nope, most any inexpensive ($2-500) HTIB from Best Buy has the DVD player built into the receiver. That's what I'm looking for. A 6-year-old. Simplicity is the key here. Price I listed is for the whole shebang.

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor
Just remember that the HTIB's come with small speakers for a reason -- they can't drive large speakers. Many of them require oddball impedences (3 OHM , 6 OHM , etc) and the ability to operate with DC voltages on them , not just output signals. It might not last long with good speakers attached.

That said , CC had one in their newspaper flyer last weekend for $89 here.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks