What's new

Looking for HT pics feedback (1 Viewer)

PS Nystrom

Second Unit
Maybe my Subject should read "Have I gone too far with my HT furniture" Please take a look at my HT pics through the link in my signature. I'm especially interested in member's thoughts on how I've boxed in my SVS. Are there any serious drawbacks to what I've done by putting the couch so close to the sub?
I also brought my JBL PB-12 out of retirement because - well - because I was bored and wanted to hear what two subs would sound like! Since there was no room to place it in the same corner as the SVS, I ended up with it below my right surround. Again, same question, are there any serious drawback to what I've done? I seem to remember reading that putting a sub behind you is a big no-no. Does that still ring true if it's a sub playing a "supporting" role?
Thanks for looking. Though I must be honest: my girlfriend is so in love with the new location of the couch that I really don't think I could move it even if Tom V commanded me to do so!
Pieter
------------------
Witness my BoomRoom's brand new layout as of Sep 21.

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
I used to have a layout very similar to yours, but me and the girlfriend always raced to see who got the center couch, so I changed the arrangement one day while she was at work. Now she claims the right side and I get the left side, oh well when I switch to dual lazy boys and a 50H81 the fields will be evened.
Oh and about the subs, I use the does it sound good to you method, if you like it then leave it. And apparently your girlfriend likes it. It does look a lot neater then your last layout.
[Edited last by Kelley_B on September 21, 2001 at 09:14 AM]

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
No the couch shoudn't cause problems,but the other sub can.
I'll be at your place sunday[thanks in advance],and we can experiment,and see if there is any acoustical,or phase cancellation going on.I can't wait to hear that sub though,I've beeen recomending it to friends "blindly" based on Tom's reputation,now I can hear it my self.
wink.gif

------------------
"You Hungarians always disagree"

PS Nystrom

Second Unit
With the new setup I've noticed three things:
One, the HT is a bit more boomy. I'm guessing this is due to having the JBL hooked up, but it may be because the SVS is boxed in. I'll be having some fun this weekend trying to figure out which...
Two, I get the sensation that the HT is being filled with more bass at lower volumes. I don't have to go near reference levels to fill the room. The JBL does seem to be picking up a few of the higher octive bass-notes that the SVS may be missing...
Three, the floors are really shaking. I like this, but I fear the shaking may be a result of ugly bass coming from the JBL which sits very near the seating area...
Pieter
EDIT: I figured out the word I was searching for earlier - spacial. With the second sub the bass is more difficult to localize, the experience feels more spacial. Just thought I'd add that. Gee, I hope I spelled spacial correctly...
And Lewis, you are more than welcome (in advance). I just hope I can provide a demo worthy of the SVS name.
------------------
Witness my BoomRoom's brand new layout as of Sep 21.
[Edited last by PS Nystrom on September 22, 2001 at 03:49 AM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks