What's new

looking for higher end RPTV than Samsung or Sony. (1 Viewer)

Henry Ferris

Auditioning
FP is not an option for me. As far as RP goes I would like to find something better than Samsung or Sony. Is there some killer DLP or LCD in the $10,000 US range? Plasma is out because of burn-in. Thanks Henry

micah bjj

Stunt Coordinator
The 70" sony is pretty sweat. It retails for $7k. Can get it for about $6400. You should check it out before you spend more then that on a different tv.

Steven_Jobe

Stunt Coordinator
Well if your set is properly calibrated then you won't have to worry about burn in whatsoever. You've probably got that mind set because of all the rediculous paranoia in these boards. Bottom line is if you take care of it and calibrate it there will be no worries.

John F. Palacio

Supporting Actor
Steven says:
This is a misconception, and cannot let it slide by. Sorry.
The reality is that "calibration" entails, among other things, in bringing the video level or "contrast" to a lower level than the factory setting which is usually maximum.

This makes burn-in less likely, but does NOT eliminate it. The issue still remains that plasmas are highly susceptible to burn in. More so than any other display. With proper precautions and care it does not need to occur. But to say that there will be no worries is not prudent. I'll leave the issue of "ridiculous paranoia" for someone else to address.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Henry:

Another RPTV to check out is the new Infocus Screenplay 61. It is only about 6.5 inches thick with the new HD2+ DLP chipset, built in HiDef tuners, etc. It will retail around $9,999 but will go for a lot less street.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks