What's new

Looking for HELp with a Sub decision (1 Viewer)

LuisC

Grip
I need HELP in deciding if it is better to buy a sub or make my own. I have owned the following KLipsch KSW10,KSW12, and KSW15 which i just sold after i heard my friends Klipsch SW15 II. It consists of 2 15's one PR and one active driver. I borrowed it and took it home and started watching U-571 and i couldn't believe the difference of his OLD subwoofer to my newer ones. There was no comparison the SPL from his older Klipsch was awesome. It filled my 14x20x8 room iwth serious BASS. I am an Ex car audio person and spent thousands in my car and eneded up with a Killer audio system. I know homes are similiar but theres alot of differences as well. I want to know from the following what would be the best for me, or if anything is better. I dont want to spend a ton of money.

The HSU-VTF3
The Dharma
The Stryke sub that Tom Nousaine measured
The RSW12, i got a brief demo, but the salesperson wouldn't cranck it up.

Thanks

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
If you don't have to buy tools DIY will always get you the best sub for the least amount of money. Especially if you don't have size constraints.
To Start:
http://www.tripod.lycos.com/bin/memb...=terryctheater
If it's a possibility, DO IT:
http://f20.parsimony.net/forum36475 (note the FAQ and install pic links at the top)
Most popular drivers right now. Adire Shiva, Tempest and Tumult; Dayton DVC 12" and 15" as well as the IB 15"; Styrke AV12 and AV15. Any number of allignment choices for all from sealed to PR to ported to IB to dipole.

Frank Carter

Screenwriter
Unless you want to build it yourself with with one of the drivers Dustin mentioned, I think the best subs on the market are from SVS. Check out the review section on their site or simply do a search on this forum for SVS, you'll find plenty of info to sift through.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks