Looking for good movers in NYC

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Max Knight, Jul 30, 2002.

1. Max Knight

Max Knight Supporting Actor

Hello all,

I'll be moving in late September / early October, and need to find a good moving service! Of course the chief concern is moving my projection TV (toshiba 40H80)! Has anyone here moved in NYC and had a good experience with their movers? Any companies to recommend? Advice in general?

Thanks,

2. Aurel Savin

Aurel Savin Supporting Actor

Max:

My parents have moved about 3 years ago and have used MOISHES movers. They have a lot of expensive art and sculptures and these guys were really proffesional.

This company is one of the largest in NYC. They had 4 movers come and they were totally professional, no-nonsense guys. It was a large 2 bedroom apartment and they finished on schedule with not a scratch on anyhting.

They are not cheap, but you definetelly get what you paid for. Highly recommended.

3. Andrew W

Andrew W Supporting Actor

As you may know, moving scams are BIG in NY and other parts of the east coast. They will sign a contract stating that it will cost you $5000 to move your stuff. Once it is on the truck, they will want $30K to take it off.

4. Max Knight

Max Knight Supporting Actor

Thanks for the tip Andrew. Any more info on this? Any names to watch out for?