What's new

Looking for good, low-cost sub to be used w/Quintets (1 Viewer)

MarkMac

Stunt Coordinator
A friend of mine is just starting out in HT, and he recently purchased Klipsch Quintets. We're looking for a good sub to finish it out, but I'm having some problems meeting his tight budget. He's looking to spend no more than $250. Any thoughts? I had been looking at the JBL PB12--bestpriceaudiovideo.com had them for $217, but they're out of stock.

Rory Buszka

Supporting Actor
I like the idea of the Dayton 10" except I do not like the look with that bung-hole in the middle of the front. The port should have been placed on the bottom or the back.

steve nn

Senior HTF Member
Well put a darn diaper on it then:D A guy can turn it any direction he chooses but it still will be one very plain looking sub.

Greg-ST

Stunt Coordinator
Another recommendation for the Dayton 10".

It may not be entirely aesthetically pleasing, but then again it's kind of "hidden" in my setup.

Mike F

Grip
I don't know where you can get the sony sa-wx-700 for less than $200 but I bought the sony sa-wx-500 12" 150 watts
for $200 at best buy. You can get the 500 for about $130 online but I didn't feel like waiting.
I'm no stereophile but I'm very pleased with the 500.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks