What's new

looking for fireplace DVD (1 Viewer)

BryanW

Agent
I've been looking for a fireplace and a aquarium DVD that simulates them on the TV. Haven't found it on DVD.Thanks for any help! Bryan W

John P Grosskopf

Second Unit
Can't help you with the Aquarium, but there's a fireplace on video on the December 2000 Inside DVD Magazine disc.

It runs right at 30 minutes, but then starts over. The disc also has a crappy copy of Scrooge on it.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I've seen Fireplace at my local Borders, so check yours. I think it was $16.99, by-the-way, but take it with a grain of salt.
I picked up the original Aquaria disc at Suncoast in my local mall. That DVD-18 (the original one, by-the-way, even before The Stand) has now been replaced with the 5-disc Aquaria Collection, so you may only find the latter. Anyway, the DVD-18 version was $24.95; I think the individual 5 discs are supposed to be about $8 or $9 each.
The same folks put out the "official" Fireplace DVD as well.
I say "official" because there have already been a bunch of imitators of each one. I'm not sure if the one mentioned as being in the magazine disc is like a demo of the one from DVD International or one of the imitators, but those that have seen each tend to note that DVD Intl.'s is superior in various ways.
I don't have the Fireplace disc (I have a real one), but based on Aquaria and all of it's options I tend to believe it. I like their description, too:
[rant]Don't laugh! We are totally serious.[/rant]
Yes... this is an 70 minutes of burning wood. But it's not just any wood. This is OAK.. and everyone knows that oak is the best wood to burn in a fireplace. Oh yeah... and there is audio. MAJOR audio. Listen to this!
There are 13 ways to play this DVD. The music tracks on Fireplace are from DVD's in our Naxos Musical Journey Collection. For a playlist of the music and more information of other Naxos Musical Journey DVDs, just click the links below.
1. The sounds of the fireplace (Dolby 2.0)
2. Christmas Goes Baroque (Dolby 2.0)
3. Christmas Goes Baroque (Dolby 5.1)
4. Christmas Goes Baroque (DTS)
5. Christmas Goes Baroque/Fireplace sounds in center channel (5.1)
6. Christmas Goes Baroque/Fireplace sounds in center channel (DTS)
7. Christmas Goes Baroque/Fireplace sounds (Dolby 2.0)
8. Night Music Vol. 1 (Dolby 2.0)
9. Night Music Vol. 1 (Dolby 5.1)
10. Night Music Vol. 1 (DTS)
11. Night Music Vol. 1 + Fireplace sounds in center channel (5.1)
12. Christmas Goes Baroque/Fireplace sounds in center channel (DTS)
13. Christmas Goes Baroque/Fireplace sounds (Dolby 2.0)
Good luck finding it! Like I said, check Borders and Suncoast, and perhaps FYE if they are in your area. I've never seen these at Best Buy or Circuit City myself; I guess they're not considered wide appeal.

BryanW

Agent
Thanks everyone this helps. By the way Jen I don't have a fireplace and I don't want to clean the fish tank! :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks