Looking for feedback on Sarah Brightman SACDs

Discussion in 'Music' started by Stan Rozenfeld, Mar 7, 2006.

1. Stan Rozenfeld

Stan Rozenfeld Stunt Coordinator

I think there were three Sarah Brightman SACDs released (imports): Eden, La Luna and Time To Say Goodbye.

Does anyone have them? How do they compare to the CD versions? Is it worth the difference in price in your view?

Thanks!
    Stan

2. Rachael B

Rachael B Producer

Rachael Bellomy
    I have a Belgian rock SA-CD by Sarah, no last name given, called Starlite Diner. Is it the same Sarah? It's OK, nohing that gets me too excited.

3. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

Yes, there are 3 Sarah Brightman SACDs released. They were released by Hong Kong EMI when SB toured China about 2 years ago. The SACDs are multi-channel hybrids and were pressed in Germany.

I have only played them in 2 channel stereo and they sounded wonderful. I only have "Time To Say Goodbye" on regular CD and the SACD exceeded it in sound quality. At the Polk Audio forum, the below quote (not mine) described the "Time to Say Goodbye" and "La Luna" SACDs....

4. Stan Rozenfeld

Thanks again, Danny!

You're an invaluable resource here! I like your sacd slide show. I notice that they are labeled western sacds or something like that. Is there an Eastern sacd slide show? I would love to get into some Asian music. I have to admit that watching the movie and listening to House of Flying Daggers score has really got me interested in that direction.

Stan

5. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

Stan,

Thanks for the kind words. There's indeed a slideshow for Asian SACDs. In fact, I think there will be 4 of them....China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, and Japan. However, only the Hong Kong SACD slideshow is anywhere resembling the "Western SACD slideshow" in the number of disc cover scanned. If you like "House of Flying Daggers", you may be interested that Andy Lau appear on a Hong Kong EMI SACD compilation (slide #4). And Faye Wong of "Hero" and 'Chungking Express" fame actually has 7 albums on SACD (starting at slide #30); the 7th album is a Taiwanese live SACD released by Sony.

6. Stan Rozenfeld

Well, I've been looking for a decent price for Sarah Brightman SACDs, but can't seem to find anything for a decent price. Most stores seem to sell them for $29.99 each! Ouch!

7. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

Stan,

If you go to Hong Kong ebay and do a search using "SACD", you can come up with examples such as this one. The seller "hkrecords" is actually a brick-and-mortar music retailer/distributor in Hong Kong and many have had good buying experiences from them at stevehoffman.tv.

Here's the Time To Say Goodbye SACD with an opening bid of US$18.99.

If you need any additional help, let me know. Not affiliated with hkrecords other than being a customer once or twice.

8. PaulT

PaulT Supporting Actor

I've bought from hkrecords a couple of times and can confirm fast shipping, well packaged, reasonable prices for 'imports'.

9. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

Malmusic, out of Canada, also list the Sarah Brightman SACD titles on their website but I am not sure whether they have the SACDs in stock. I've previously purchased items from this retailer and everything went well.

Alternatively, you can also order these titles from Hong Kong e-tailer hifi-cd.com. I have dealt with them extensively in recent months and they too are very good. Their prices are much lower, but you get charged for shipping.

SACD of Sarah Brightman - Eden at US$17.92

SACD of Sarah Brightman - La Luna at US$20.48

SACD of Sarah Brightman - Time To Say Goodbye at US$20.48

10. Stan Rozenfeld

Thanks for your help, guys!

I am going to give malmusic a shot. Hopefully, they have all three sacds, particularly Eden.

Thanks again,
    Stan

11. Stan Rozenfeld

I am going to give malmusic a shot. Hopefully, they have all three sacds, particularly Eden.

Thanks again,
    Stan

12. Stan Rozenfeld

Thanks again,
    Stan

13. Stan Rozenfeld

Thanks again,
    Stan

14. Stan Rozenfeld

Thanks again,
    Stan

15. Stan Rozenfeld

sorry, double post.

16. Danny Tse

Danny Tse Producer

Not related to Sarah Brightman at all, but I did not want to start a new threat on the topic.

The Hong Kong ebay seller "hkrecords" has been mentioned a couple of times on this forum and since I've located a photo of its brick-and-mortar store, I figure I'll post it here....

[​IMG]

Just in case you want to know, Susan Wong is a local audiophile favorite. Her new album "511" was just released today....and being an audiophile favorite, it's also a SACD release. In fact, all of her albums are on SACD and in English.

17. sestamuch

sestamuch Stunt Coordinator

You really got carried away [​IMG]

18. Jimi C

Jimi C Screenwriter

The audio is super and the discs are compact.