What's new

Looking for DVD player with incremental zoom, x-y scaling, prog. scan (non-Malata) (1 Viewer)

Mike Miskulin

Second Unit
Basically, what the sybject says. I have a Malata 996 model that has been having some serious freezing issues after my latest relocation and need to upgrade ASAP. I don't really care too much about region free/PAL->NTSC conversion. I just want a player that can do a high quality job zooming the picture out and centering it correctly on a non-ISF calibrated set (i.e. I need to get rid of the overscan!).

mike.

Mike Miskulin

Second Unit
No one? There's got to be a player out there (even high end) that has a good zoom and panning feature. Right?

mike.

LennyP

Supporting Actor
Oops. I didn't see your post and just started my own thread.
I own a Malata N996 and need another player with zoom and panning features for overscan and misframing that's present on all discs.
Though my Malata works fine, just doesn't play some DVD-Rs and had a problem with Heaters Tin disc.
If there aren't any, or many players with these features then my Holy Grail of a player will go even higher into the clouds.
Man all the rest are just sheep. :D

AlbertH

Stunt Coordinator
i could zoom out just enough on my toshiba 4800 to get rid of overscan, but the resolution pattern on the avia disc drops quite a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks