What's new

Looking for DVD Player Recommendations (1 Viewer)

Todd_N

Agent
My Pioneer Elite DV-05 that I purchased back in 98 or 99 I think is on its last legs so I am looking for a new player. By reading many threads here I see alot has changed technologically since then. I am looking for a player in the $400 dollar range. SACD and DVDA really arent important to me. This player will be used for watching movies only. I have a Pioneer 710HD set so I do not have DVI and my set locks in 'Full' mode when receiving a progressive signal so I would like a player where I can turn off progressive scan when I view nonanamorphic discs. I have read about the Panasonic RP91 and it interests me (nonanamorphic scaling) but I am concerned about the reliability of it and it seems difficult to find a new (non-refurbished) one. I have read good things about the Denons (2200,1600, etc.) DCDI would definately be a plus. Any suggestions?

Thanks

AaronJB

Second Unit
Philips 963 has DCDI (as well as a host of other things, including a 13-bit/108-mhz video DAC, NSV and something called Match Line). It is, however, one of those kinds of things where mine works fine, yet a lot of other people have had a lot of problems with it (I have had some issues with the player, as well, yet, oddly enough, a new, much bigger - yet not terribly expensive - power cord seems to have solved my player's issues). Anyways, I like the Philips lots, but the Denons are probably a safer bet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks