Looking for DVD & MP3 CD Player

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Don Sears, Feb 7, 2004.

1. Don Sears

Don Sears Auditioning

I am looking for a DVD player that will random play all the MP3 files on a CD-R.

I like to organize my MP3 files into folders. I have looked at four different DVD players that will play MP3 CD-R disks. They will only play a folder at a time. Then you have to navigate with the remote control to another folder. Does anybody know of a player that will play all the files in random order no matter where they are located on the disk?

I went to five major electronics stores and not one of them had their DVD players connected to a TV so I could try this out. I guess people by DVD players based on the style of the cabinet.

- Don

2. Don_Berg

Don_Berg Supporting Actor

Most modern DVD players support MP3 file playback and have random mode. Read some of the available downloadable owner's manuals for models you are interested in to check out that feature. You need to go to the higher end retail home theatre stores like Good Guys or Tweeter (not the lowend Best Buy or Circuit City stores) to find DVD players playable hooked up to a TV monitor.