1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for DIY power cable?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jordan Jensen, Dec 16, 2001.

1. Jordan Jensen

Need some direction as to where I can find some top quality bulk, 10-14(12 ideally) ga., 3 conductor, shielded power cable along the lines of what is used by PS Audio, Kimber, BPT, Stratus, etc. in their high-end cables. I have the Wattgate connectors and some nice flex braid for finish, but no cable. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

2. Miles_W

Miles_W Second Unit

You might want to try the Cable forum over at Audio Asylum, I have made some DIY Power cables and used Belden 19364...

Miles

3. Jordan Jensen

[​IMG]
    Thanks for the response here as well Miles. Much appreciated!
    Regards,
    Jordan

4. PomingF

PomingF Second Unit

I was just browsing through the PartsExpress catalog and read about the WattGate, Marinco connectors and their Carol power cables. Anyone has experience b/w the two connector brands for the WattGate is priced many times more?

PF

5. AjayM

AjayM Screenwriter

Check out http://www.diycable.com you can pick up a kit from one of the popular cables that are always talked about on Audio Asylum.
    Andrew