1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for DIY power cable?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jordan Jensen, Dec 16, 2001.

1. Jordan Jensen

Need some direction as to where I can find some top quality bulk, 10-14(12 ideally) ga., 3 conductor, shielded power cable along the lines of what is used by PS Audio, Kimber, BPT, Stratus, etc. in their high-end cables. I have the Wattgate connectors and some nice flex braid for finish, but no cable. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

2. Miles_W

Miles_W Second Unit

You might want to try the Cable forum over at Audio Asylum, I have made some DIY Power cables and used Belden 19364...

Miles

3. Jordan Jensen

[​IMG]
    Thanks for the response here as well Miles. Much appreciated!
    Regards,
    Jordan

4. PomingF

PomingF Second Unit

I was just browsing through the PartsExpress catalog and read about the WattGate, Marinco connectors and their Carol power cables. Anyone has experience b/w the two connector brands for the WattGate is priced many times more?

PF

5. AjayM

AjayM Screenwriter

Check out http://www.diycable.com you can pick up a kit from one of the popular cables that are always talked about on Audio Asylum.
    Andrew