Looking for DIY HT chair Ideas

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mark Penname, Nov 14, 2002.

1. Mark Penname

Mark Penname Extra

Does anyone have any links to sites that might have some plans or ideas for some seats for HT
    Thanks for any help you can give [​IMG]
    ----
    Mark

2. Allen Ross

Allen Ross Supporting Actor

one word Lazyboy!!!! [​IMG]

3. Darren_T

Darren_T Second Unit

I'll second that! 6 or so Lazy Boy's! That's my plan for the next home when I'll have room for a dedicated theater.

4. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

I think he's looking for plans to actually build your own chair. Which is an interesting project. Particularly since I can find very little on it on the web. (unless you want PVC pipe chairs).
    What sort of style were you looking for, Mark?
    I've watched that Trading Spaces where they'll build a couch out of a couple of wooden boxes and some cusions... but, I can't imagine that would be too comfortable.
    You may want to look at a design for an Adirondack chair design and modify it a little to make it more of an indoor HT chair. (IE: add cusions, drink holders, foot stool.. etc)

5. Darren_T

Darren_T Second Unit

I think Dave is on to something with the Adirondack chair idea. Easy to build and modify to your taste. You could build one that looks ultra modern out of poplar since it's indoor, which could be laquered black and you could put cushions on it and the drink holder etc and it would be darn close to the comfort of a recliner if not as comfortable. Easy, cheap, and stylish. Or you could stick with the country look or even convert it to Mission style or shaker. Looooots of options with that design.

Darren

6. Chris Lanni

Chris Lanni Stunt Coordinator

Christopher
    Mark,

Post here if you ever find anything as I was thinking of starting the same type of thread. I am in the dark as to where to find out such info. The only fallback to the adirondack is that it is not a reclining chair. I would love to learn how to make my own sectional with recliners on each end. I know that I will have a hard time finding the right size for my room, and if I do it will cost me too much.

Chris