What's new

Looking for Center Speaker Stand (1 Viewer)

Doug_B

Screenwriter
In my perusing of the various merchant web sites, I came across very few center speaker stands. May be interested in getting one in the near term because my new center speaker is longer and deeper than my TV top (I'll eventually upgrade the TV and will likely need/want a stand anyway).

Speaker is about 39" long, 13" deep, and weighs 65 lbs. The stand's platform can be slightly shorter for each dimension by up to ~2", since speaker has feet. Angling platform upward is desirable, but not sure yet if it's critical. Color must be black. Wood is desirable, but I'm willing to evaluate material on a case-by-case basis.

Thanks.

Doug

Nick P

Second Unit
Doug,

I made a center channel stand for not much money out of threaded rod and some of those pre-fininished black shelves. Looks very nice IMO. Even used black pvc pipe to cover the treaded rod. Total cost was only about 20.00

Ron Alcasid

Stunt Coordinator
For a center speaker that large, I would recommend a stand from Sound Anchors. It is metal, the platform is angled and can be adjusted up to 17" high. You can also adjust the angle by lowering or raising the front spikes.

Troy Madlem

Agent
After trying to purchase a Wood Technology center channel stand (they never responded to any of my emails) I ended up building a stand similar to what Nick did. I picked up a 1"x12"x4'oak board at the local home improvement store for $16 which yielded the top and bottom shelves. Then with a few short lengths of 3/4" all-thread and some leftover nuts and washers from my flexi-stand and I had a matching center channel stand. All in all I probably spent under $30 for the entire thing and it anchors my Klipsch RC-7 (45lbs) rock solid in front of my RPTV.

Good luck.

Troy

Doug_B

Screenwriter
Thanks folks. At this point I am still unhappy with what I've seen online. DIY sounds like a good idea, but I'm fairly inept at such things (pictures would help). I do have a brother-in-law carpenter, so... Also, my speaker manufacturer said that they have done custom stands for customers with matching wood trim, so I'll find out more about this.

My one reservation is that since I'll be upgrading my video eventually, I may not be able to solidify my requirements in the near term. Thus, it would be somewhat risky to lay out big bucks for anything. The DIY (or DIB-i-L) route may be a good solution for now and later.

Doug

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks