What's new

looking for budget surround speakers (1 Viewer)

amitR

Auditioning
I already have a set of Titans and a Center Channel from
Paradigm for my Yamaha receiver which puts out 5X85W power.
Looking for a pair of surround speakers to add to that.
So far I have narrowed down to dipole Klipsch SS-1 and Paradigm ADP-70 or 170 (and also Diamond DFS). Any recommendations on these or any other model/brand under $300/pair? These will be wall-mounted in an extension
of our family room area, so mounting ease and size is also
in the consideration. Also, is 50-70W per surround speaker is good enough rating?
Appreciate all your suggestions. Thanks.

amitR

Auditioning
Thanks. I thought about that, except the size and ease of mounting ADPs are making me have second thoughts... saw some negative comments about that in user reviews.

cabreau

Second Unit
If it's the same price, I'd stick to the same type of speakers. While timbre matching surrounds to fronts isn't TERRIBLY important, it still makes a small difference in the end. As you get more and more addicted to HT's, you will notice that each advancement gets smaller and smaller as you spend more and more money.

The correlation:

Owen Bartley

Second Unit
I would also try to stick with the same series. Are you dead set on dipoles? If not you could get a pair of Atoms. A friend of mine uses these with the Phantoms in the front and it sounds great.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks